JY roxs

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lik Shi's house

Now, right after my MHC(Magical Holiday Camp), everyone was very tired, including me... So we went home to have a good rest as we had to return to the drama club the next day to practise for our upcoming cross talk performance. And it was on this fateful day when something unfortunate happened.

I switched off my phone at night on the last day of the MHC. When i switched it on the next day, I had received a message from my friend who had also helped out in the MHC. Apparently, she had invited us over to her house to relax and have fun after all our hard work at the camp. In the message, it was said that the gathering would be tomorrow in the afternoon and so I planned my time well. However, when it was nearing the end of my drama practice, my friends were discusing about the gathering. This was when I received the greatest shock of my life. The gathering was today!! Immediately, I checked my phone and realised that the message had been sent on the previous day and I did not revceive it cos I had switched off my phone!! Oh my god!! I never expected such a thing to happen. In the end, I could not attend the gathering as I already had activities planned.

As a result, I could not go to her house and my friends later told me thather house was huge and nice. This seriously made me regret my mistake of not checking when the message was sent. Now that I reflect on it, I realise that it was the fault of both parties. For me, the receiver, I should have chacked when the message was sent and if I was not sure, I could have called my friend to confirm. In addition, the sender should have specified the exact date of when the gathering would be held. By doing things this way, such misunderstanding would not occur.

Therefore, through this unpleasant experience, I realised that whatever we do, we must always be very careful or this might result in major losses. Next time when we grow up and enter the business markets, we also have to take note of our time well, because if we miss an important meeting, it may affect the amount of money we earn and may incur great losses for the company. Also, by neing careful, it means that we ve to take note of our time well, and besides that, we also have to let other know the exact date we wish to meet them and not give a vague term such as "tomorrow", etc. If not, the other party may have a bad impression of you.

And all these sums up to a single phrase - BE CAREFUL
(468 words)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com