JY roxs

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Now, let me talk about something still related to chinese drama too!! Well, my drama club has a camp whereby it invites the public to participate to promote chinese. It is called.... The Magical Holiday Camp !!! Well, I decided to help out this year and I should say that it was quite a fun experience.

Firstly, my friend and I are usually the ones who do all the hard labour. We have to carry tables, chairs, plates, utensils, tubs of drinks, fans, and anything you can think of. It is a total of 7 long tbables, 1 small table, 30++ chairs, 30++ plates, 30++ pairs of utensils, 2 tubs of drinks and i air-con-like-fan. Well, it helped to train my muscles as i had to carry the long tables myself at times... =.= Cos my partner likes to emo...However, i realised that planning and oorganisation are both important when helping out as you have to know when to take the items, where to place them. If you position them at a different place everytime, then it would be very messy and difficult if we have to move everything and adjust everything all over again. But, besides carrying these stuff, I also had to go up to the 12th floor and carry pots of steaming hot rice down!! Arghhh!!! Thankfully, Man had invented the lift, but there were still stairs to go... -.-

Soon, my next job arrived. I had to wash over 30 plates.. It was tiring to stand/sit there for like 1 hour plus washing oily plates, utensils, etc, and my hand was experiencing cramps after that. Furthermore, by the time we were done, my skin was all wrinkled. That was still acceptable, but i realised on the next day that the skin on my hand was peeling off!! In large amounts.. But it sort of healed in 2 days time. SO, I believe that we should all thank our parents/maids for washing our plates and treat the cleaners in hawker centres and restaurants with more respect and care cos it is seriously tiring!!! So please appreciate them and not take it for granted !!!!

Another incident which told me how important planning was when we were preparing for lunch on the second day. We suddenly realised that we were out of orange juice!! Immediately, we responded by sending an energency rescue worker to go to the nearby market and buy it!! Thankfully, we bought it in time!! Yeah!!

Finally, I am hoping for CIP hours because this activity used up 30 hours. The activity starts at 8 and ends at 6, 10 hours a day and 30 hours for 3 days!!! But I always forget to ask for CIP hours... T.T

And please come to watch the cross talk performance!! Call 63367318 for further details. The show is called Roaring Good Times 2!!!
(476 words)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com