JY roxs

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Nothing but the truth

Now, I expect that all of you should have read the book Nothing but the Truth as Mdm Lim told us to do so. Now, I would be presenting my views on this book. Apparently, I did not really like this book as it is all represented in dialogue form. Although this may be a literature book, but personally, I do not like the way that the information is presented. I find that by presenting all the information in dialogues makes the book kind of plain and a little boring. Based on the views and opinions that I have obtained from my friends, it appears that the book is not very well-liked. Besides it being plain or boring, having dialogues may result in a lack of good sentences and vocab that can be learnt and used to enhance our english standard.

However, this book also has its good points. Being presented in dialogues makes it easier for the reader to imagine and picture an image of what is going on. In addition, this book teaches us that everything we do has a certain limit. If we are patriotic, we have to be patriotic to a certain limit. Therefore, this book also has its morals. However, I am unsure if this book is an allegory and has a deeper meaning. I hope through Mdm Lim's guidance, I would be able to understand this book better. :D

Now, since we were also given other stories to read, let me comment on them. Firstly, I personally feel that 200 stories is too large a number to cover and whoever can do so and remember every story is a genius.. I will give you 100 rupiah. =.= Anyway, the stories are also quite long and some of them have a long-winded introduction. As a result, I get bored after reading a few. Therefore, I hope that in future, teachers would look at the limitations of students and give their amount of homework accordingly.. :X
(330 words)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com